2022 Cadillac XT5 Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $43,995 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0L Turbo 4-cylinder engine (235 HP and 258 lb-ft of torque) or optional 3.6L V6 engine (310 HP and 271 lb-ft of torque) and 9-speed automatic transmission
- Optional Sport Control All-Wheel Drive featuring performance suspension with real-time chassis damping control (XT5 Sport)
- Heated driver and front-passenger seats
- Standard Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Alert, and Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Available UltraView sunroof
- Optional hands-free power liftgate
- Available Night Vision system
About the Cadillac XT5
If you’re searching for the ultimate midsize luxury crossover, look no further than the tech-savvy Cadillac XT5. With three distinct XT5 trims to choose from, it’s easy to find one that perfectly suits your personality. Craving the ultimate in comfort and prestige? Premium Luxury models elevate your drive with additional technologies and amenities. Looking to add a dose of adrenaline to your daily drive? XT5 Sport trims emphasize performance with dark exterior accents, a muscular 310-horsepower 3.6L V6 engine, and the confidence of Sport Control AWD. Whether your travels take you across town or across the county, every Cadillac XT5 comes standard with a full suite of driver-assistive safety features that can help you stay one step ahead of danger. All of your favorite multimedia features are one press of a button away thanks to the groundbreaking Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment system. Transform your commute and immerse your senses in true luxury behind the wheel of the dynamic Cadillac XT5.
What the Critics Say
“Even luxury crossovers should be practical, and the XT5 excels in this category. Above-average cargo space, plenty of bins for stashing smaller items, and an easy-to-fold rear seat allow this Caddy to easily transform from luxury liner to cargo king. The XT5’s cargo hold accommodated an impressive 10 carry-on cases with the rear seat in place.” — Car and Driver
“Yes, the Cadillac XT5 is a good luxury midsize SUV. It has capable powertrains, good fuel economy ratings, and decent handling. The cabin looks good, and there’s ample passenger and cargo space. The real feather in the XT5’s cap, however, is its outstanding predicted reliability rating.” — U.S. News & World Report
What’s New for 2022
Although mostly unchanged from last year, the Cadillac XT5 does receive two small updates for the 2022 model year. XT5 Sport models now come standard with high-performance Brembo brakes with red-painted calipers for maximum stopping power. Second, a new 20-inch alloy wheel design is now available as an option. Otherwise, the Cadillac XT5 continues to remain immensely popular among luxury midsize crossover buyers.
Cadillac XT5 Features
With two distinctive powertrain options to choose from, there’s a capable Cadillac XT5 to suit the needs of all types of drivers. Standard power comes in the form of an efficient yet responsive 2.0L Turbo 4-cylinder engine producing 235 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque. Looking for even more muscle? Step up to the optional 3.6L V6 engine that cranks out an impressive 310 horsepower and 271 lb-ft of torque. Regardless of engine choice, you’ll experience crisp gear changes from a cutting-edge 9-speed automatic transmission. Available All-Wheel Drive also allows you to enjoy the benefits of Touring, Off-Road, and Sport calibrations by using the Drive Mode Selector. For the ultimate in performance capabilities, Cadillac XT5 Sport models are equipped with a performance suspension featuring real-time chassis damping control for responsive handling at all speeds.
Striking a unique balance between cutting-edge technology and timeless design, the contemporary interior of the Cadillac XT5 is truly a feast for the senses. Perfect for melting away stress and tension, optional Semi-Aniline leather seats offer both comfort and support. The optional Bose® Performance Series 14-speaker surround sound system allows you to hear your favorite songs the way the artists intended. Serving as your gateway to a wealth of connectivity features, Cadillac User Experience with embedded navigation continues to set the standard for multimedia among all luxury vehicles. Authentic materials such as open-pore Elm Cluster wood trim or carbon-fiber trim allow you to reflect a personality as unique as your own inside the cabin of the Cadillac XT5.
Featuring over 20 standard or available driver-assistive technologies, the Cadillac XT5 remains an industry leader when it comes to safety. This collection of radar, camera, and ultrasonic sensors found on the XT5 is designed to help detect potential hazards. Examples of standard features include Automatic Emergency Braking, Front Pedestrian Braking, Following Distance Indicator, Front and Rear Park Assist, Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning, and Forward Collision Alert. One groundbreaking feature now offered on the XT5 is Night Vision, allowing you to scan your surroundings for potential danger when it’s dark outside. When equipped with the optional Driver Assist Package, you’ll always have an extra set of eyes to help you react behind the wheel of the Cadillac XT5.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $43,995 MSRP*
- 2.0L Turbo 4-cylinder engine
- Automatic Emergency Braking and Forward Collision Alert
- Safety Alert Seat
- Front and Rear Park Assist
- Rotary Infotainment Controller with jog functionality
- Starting at $48,795 MSRP*
- Leather seating surfaces with mini-perforated inserts
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert
- UltraView sunroof
- Wireless Phone Charging
- Cargo Management System with adjustable cargo fence and retractable cargo shade
- Starting at $55,895 MSRP*
- 3.6L V6 engine
- Twin-clutch Sport Control AWD with chassis damping control
- 20-inch 12-spoke alloy wheels with Pearl Nickel finish
- High-gloss black exterior accents and clear-lens taillamps
- Performance-oriented driving with responsive tuning and control, quicker steering, and standard adaptive suspension
*The Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price excludes destination freight charge, tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional equipment.